AnsweredAssumed Answered

alfresco share wrong utf-8 encoding

Question asked by dga on Mar 3, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2013 by iblanco
Hello all,

i hava a problem  and i need your help.

I want to see in my pages characthers like șțâîă overriding the common.properties and slingshot.properties, but i don't know how.

just an example:
- original
header.logout.label=Logout
header.logout.description=Logout
- translated
header.logout.label=Ieșire
header.logout.description=Ieșire
but insted of ș i have other characters. I tried hex and asci code, but in some browser are ok, in other not.


What i tried:
I.
1. i edited slingshot.properties with proper translation, but after restart  i saw wrong charachters
2. i edited slingshot_en.properties with proper translation, but after restart  i saw wrong charachters
3. i created slingshot_ro.properties with proper translation, but after restart  i saw wrong charachters
4. just for test: i modified the header_en.properties… same result

file encoding = utf-8
web page meta = utf-8

II.
i. created my own dashlets with myown.properties file and all characthers are ok, utf-8.


So… i realy don't know what can i need to do.
Pleas give me some guides.

Thank you all,
Geo


[SOLVED]
Simple, but not so obvious for me.
i take as example french translation and i saw file encodin = us-asci and special character encoded as ECMAScript.
So my characters look like this:
ă ș ț î â = \u0103 \u0219 \u021b \xee \xe2
now it's work ok


Outcomes