AnsweredAssumed Answered

Maven SDK and configurations for specific environements

Question asked by jneeve on Apr 29, 2016
Latest reply on May 5, 2016 by jneeve
New to Maven so helpfully this makes sense..

We're converting from an old ANT SDK to Maven - We've setup our ANT project to load specific property files per environment based on naming convention's (config.test, config.prod,etc) when packaging up the amps. So in ANT we just have build targets for each AMP, and specific file copy actions depending on what each amp module needs for itself) 

I see in the new SDK instructions on setting up different environments for Alfresco itself (alfresco-global.properties) but not how to setup individual AMPS to pull in different configurations.

So for example, we have a custom authentication AMP built in Maven now, that requires a different config for dev/test vs production. (This is inside a larger all-in-one archetype project)

So ideally I would want Maven configured that when i specify the environment (-Denv=test) it also does something similar for the AMP's, as well as the same for the overall Alfresco environment.

IE: customizations\crowd\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\module\crowd\alfresco-global-properties.test (.prod, etc etc)

I know Maven supports profiles, but would it be possible to tweak Alfresco's build process to do this automatically, or is there some preferred way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Outcomes