AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco 4.2c Community enabling and connecting to CIFS share

Question asked by p17blo on Mar 17, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2013 by bisana
I'm really pulling my hair out with this; it's really frustrating and Alfresco is ticking a lot of boxes in my assessment and then you need qualifications in some heavy deep level software areas to be able to 'tweak' some seemingly simply settings.

Anyway, onto my issue.

I have both a Linux and Windows version of 4.2c running.  Both run fine.  I can't enable CIFS on either correctly.  Well I see this as that I cant connect to a CIFS share, so I assume that it is running / setup properly.

So if I start with windows first.
I have followed some directions about adding some setting to the alfresco-global-settings file to enable CIFS and I do see from other machine (I only have Apple Macs around) a machine name appear (which in my case is admin-pca, where the Alfresco is installed on a win7 machine called admin-pc) - But when I try to connect to it from my mac I'm asked to login.  I enter my alfresco credentials but I am unable to connect (For those who know Apple, I get that little shimmy that tells me something is wring).

Same applies on the Linux box, same settings added to the (annoyingly read-only) alfresco-global-settings file.

Both Linux and PC have been rebooted.  Win7 machine has had it's firewall disabled.

So can anyone offer any advice?  I really don't understand why this can't be controlled in a simpler fashion.

Paul

Outcomes