Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_altieri
Active Member II

Alfresco Transformation Server - Microsoft Project

Hi,

the following link:
http://www2.alfresco.com/l/1234/2012-06-27/366922i/1234/146201/

seems to state that the alfresco transformation server cannot transform a "Microsoft Project" to a PDF.

Am I wrong?

Regards,
Marco
3 Replies
davidciamberlan
Alfresco Employee

Re: Alfresco Transformation Server - Microsoft Project

Hi,

Take a look at the file: webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/content-services-context.xml.
The out of the box transformers are defined in it.

Until the version 4.1.2 it seems there is no support for MS project files… BUT in Alfresco enterprise 4.1.5, in the section relative to Tika transformation, I can see a .mpp item…

I don't know if a mpp/pdf conversion is possible.

=======

Ciao,

prova a dare un'occhiata al file webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/content-services-context.xml che contiene le definizioni delle trasformazioni disponibili out-of-the-box.

Ho provato a guardare il file relativo alla versione 4.1.2 e non c'è traccia di file di tipo MS Project… ma quando ho esaminato lo stesso file della versione 4.1.5, nella sezione relativa alle trasformazioni con tika, ho trovato il supporto al tipo di file .mpp.

Non so però se questo implica che sia possibile la conversione mpp/pdf.

Ciao
marco_altieri
Active Member II

Hi David,
thank you for your answer.

The Alfresco Transformation Server is an external server that uses Microsoft licenced software to execute the transformations.
I don't understand why the documentation says that only word, excel and ppt are supported.
I was expecting a support for all the available office format given that the transformation is executed by Microsoft software.

Ciao,
Marco

davidciamberlan
Alfresco Employee

Opsss… I was a bit off-topic… :-)

I didn't know this service existed… Well, at least I learned something new!