AnsweredAssumed Answered

'Uploading' a workflow...

Question asked by gpeter on Sep 18, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 by gpeter
Hi everybody,
I'm starting to dig into Alfresco Community 4.2.c, this is my very first post and I installed the bin file into a Centos server 3 days ago, so i have little to nothing knowledge about it. Also please notice together with the Community edition I installed Eclipse with the Activity Designer for the first time, so consider me a newbie also in the development field.
I've already read Jeff's Advanced Workflow and also Joanna's step by step guides and there is still something that i don't get.
Deploying a workflow means more or less tell activity where the XML is so that it can start to do it's business. It can be done via "Spring" (which is something that i guess i'll have to learn) or via the workflow console.
Usually the .xml BMPN file should be in  alfresco/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/workflow/ .
My question is: once i have prepared my process in eclipse how do i place the file in that directory on the remote server so that i can deploy it?
Am I missing a button in Eclipse or this is just something that the programmer should take care of?
Maybe this is an obvious question but please consider that i'm beginner also as a programmer.

Outcomes