AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco Explorer repeat login dialog

Question asked by infradium on Oct 8, 2013
Hello,

I have an annoying issue. I have alfresco community 4.2 with Active Directory authentication and synchronization, configured as below
<blockcode>
###Alfresco NTLM, passthru and ldap authentication and configuration

authentication.chain=passthru1:passthru,ldap-ad1:ldap-ad,alfrescoNtlm1:alfrescoNtlm

ntlm.authentication.sso.enabled=false
ntlm.authentication.authenticateCIFS=false
ntlm.authentication.mapUnknownUserToGuest=false
alfresco.authentication.authenticateCIFS=false
alfresco.authentication.allowGuestLogin=false
passthru.authentication.sso.enabled=true
passthru.authentication.authenticateCIFS=true
passthru.authentication.authenticateFTP=false
ldap.authentication.active=false
ldap.synchronization.active=true
</blockcode>

I have users whinning about being asked their username and password twice ot thrice.

I user Chrome, with no issue, so tried IExplore and Firefox finding that:
IExplore repeat thrice the username/password dialog, reducing it to twice when the site is added to the trusted sites or local intranet
Firefox repeat the dialog twice

We recommended to user Chrome, as there's no issue, but users who started using chrome are reporting the same problem.

With IExplore and Firefox this problem is consistent through all the users, but with chrome it happens to some users.

There is no error message about incorrect login, and in the logs only shows this message upon a user login:

<blockcode> 15:23:48,842 WARN  [org.alfresco.web.bean.LoginBean] Security violation. Unable to redirect to external location: </blockcode>

I haven't found this has something to do with the problem, nor how to remove it.

I haven't found anything on the forums or by google search. Besides, I have another Alfresco instance running, configured in the same manner, with no problems.

I'll appreciate any tip you can give me.

Enrique.

Outcomes