AnsweredAssumed Answered

trouble with multiple-properties in OpenCMIS

Question asked by aweber1nj on Apr 12, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 by aweber1nj
I'm trying to set the Adressees for an email I'm importing to Alfresco 4.0.e using OpenCMIS (java).

I'm accumulating the multiple email addresses in an ArrayList<String>.  The only example I could find was by way of an old issue logged where the developer wasn't using the properties Map correctly in the first place (so the response was a little incomplete to solve my issue).

The recommendation in that case was to use Arrays.asList( ).  So that's what I used to set my ArrayList in:
emailProps.put("cm:addressees", Arrays.asList(addressees));

This, unfortunately results in:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid aspect value!
   at org.alfresco.cmis.client.impl.AlfrescoUtils.convertAspectPropertyValue(AlfrescoUtils.java:238)
   at org.alfresco.cmis.client.impl.AlfrescoUtils.createAspectPropertyExtension(AlfrescoUtils.java:205)
   at org.alfresco.cmis.client.impl.AlfrescoObjectFactoryImpl.convertProperties(AlfrescoObjectFactoryImpl.java:212)

It occurs to me that maybe I'm "trying too hard".  Can I/Should I just pass the java ArrayList (which implements List interface)?

<strong>BTW:</strong> It would be really nice if Alfresco could point out the "offending" property and/or value.  Took me a while just to figure out where it was complaining! :)

Thanks in advance for some tips.
-AJ

Outcomes