AnsweredAssumed Answered

Generating Secure Keys for Solr Communication in alfersco 5.1

Question asked by chaituu on Jul 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2016 by angelborroy

We have installed alfersco 5.1 and solr in different servers .

http://docs.alfresco.com/5.1/tasks/solr4-install-config.html

Alfresco has been started and but I didnt find the keystore  folder in <ALFRESCO_TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/keystore .

Its little bit confusion in the documentation between implementing 7th point and solr secure communication link .I want to go for solr secure communication,so we have followed the below link .

Generating Secure Keys for Solr Communication

I have implemented generating secure keys by executing generatekeystore.bat file and I kept the newly generated truststore and keystore files in <ALFRESCO_HOME>/alf_data/keystore path and point the paths in tomcat server.xml for both tomcat alfresco and solr servers.

When should we go for 7th point?

7.Create and populate a keystore directory for the Alfresco and Solr servers. By default, the keystore directory is created in /alf_data/keystore. Note that at this stage the keystore directory will just be a template, containing standard keys. To secure the installation, you must follow the steps to generate new keys as explained in the Generating Secure Keys for Solr Communication section. For example:

For Unix:

mkdir -p <ALFRESCO_HOME>/alf_data/keystore  cp <ALFRESCO_TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/keystore/* <ALFRESCO_HOME>/alf_data/keystore

For Windows:

mkdir <ALFRESCO_HOME>\alf_data\keystore  copy <ALFRESCO_TOMCAT_HOME>\webapps\alfresco\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\keystore\* <ALFRESCO_HOME>\alf_data\keystore

Outcomes