cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizaranha
Member II

Alfresco Share Login Problem

Hello everybody,

I installed alfresco with the installation packet came from the alfresco download site.
I did the installation, where at the end I can set up the automatic start (alfresco windows service).
The problem now appears, that I can only login to http://mydyndns:8080/alfresco, but not to http://mydyndns:8080/share.
Till now I only changed the dyndns, to reach alfresco from the www.
Any Ideas?

Thank you!

Attached you find the logfile
8 Replies
rjohnson
Established Member

Re: Alfresco Share Login Problem

If you cant get to /share but can get to /alfresco, the share app isn't running. Have you checked your logs?
luizaranha
Member II

Hello Mr. Johnson,

Thank you for your reply.

Both \alfresco and \share are accessible.

I test that from a remote computer, which is not in the same network.
The difference is: When I want to login to \share, the login window appears, however after login nothing happens. At \alfresco I login with admin and my pw, and I'm directed to the main page.

Which log can I check? The log of share is attached!

Cheers Daniel

rjohnson
Established Member

What do you mean "nothing happens"? Do you not get an error message like "server unavailable" in red over the login box? If absolutely nothing happens you might try clearing the browser cache and re-trying share access. The login form you are seeing may be cached.
luizaranha
Member II

Hello Mr. Johnson,

Nothing happens in my Case is:

1.) I type in the username "admin"
2.) I type in the passwort "XY"
3.) I click on the button Login, which is executed (after the click the button is made "cream-faced".
4.) No action is performed after the click on the login button (only "cream-faced") (when I'm normally directed to the main page)

The browser problem, I cannot imagine, because the login to \alfresco works without any problems…

I wonder, if other people didnt have this problem, because I installed alfresco as Windows Service out of the box.
(My last installation of alfresco (manually starting alfresco from the manager) worked fine.

OS: Win 7 professional, Using internet explorer to test,
Should I check any firewall settings (which would be strange, because \alfresco works..)?

rjohnson
Established Member

If Share wasn't running you would get an error on login about the server not being available (I do). The only suggestion I can make is to load the login page in your browser and load up the debugger and look at the network calls / javascript console for errors. In the absence of an error there is little else I can suggest.

I have installed 4.2e and it works out the box, but that was on a Linux server not Windows 7.
luizaranha
Member II

Hello Mr. Johnson,

My attached login file of the first post seems then to be correct (no issues??)…

Is it useful to try to install alfresco for ordinary use (manually starting the servers) and then configuring tomcat as windows service?

Hum, for me the safest way to get windows service to work, was the out of the box installation…

rjohnson
Established Member

No attachment. Its hard work attaching things in this forum!
luizaranha
Member II

Hello Mr. Johnson,

Internet Explorer was the problem, I didnt find the exact reason, but I tried on different machines different browsers.

Mozilla, Chrome, … worked fine……do you know, which setting is responsible for blocking \share ?
I cannot imagine the settings, which are responsible for the problem. Do you have any Idea?

But in general this problem is solved. Thank you very much!

Cheers Daniel