AnsweredAssumed Answered

Displaying custom metadata in Alfresco

Question asked by horia on Jun 25, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 26, 2013 by horia
Hi,

Using the help provided by the people on this forum, I was able to add custom aspects to documents in order to set custom properties.
The next step for me would be to have a local instance of Alfresco displaying the custom properties and having them editable so that users can change their values via the web pages.

There's a good link on wiki.alfresco <a>http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Displaying_Custom_Metadata</a> that describes just that and I followed the instructions, but it's not working for me.

In short, I added a custom aspect called my:customAspect like this:

AlfrescoDocument alfDoc = … // get existing document
alfDoc.addAspect("P:my:customAspect");

// set additional properties
Map<String, Object> propertiesEnum = new HashMap<String, Object>();
properties.put("my:score", 152);

alfDoc.updateProperties(updateProperties);

The properties were correctly added and I can see their values either programatically or by using Apache Chemistry Workbench desktop client.

In order to have the additional properties visible in Alfresco Web client, I updated the web-client-config-custom.xml file by setting:

<config evaluator="aspect-name" condition="my:customAspect">
      <property-sheet>
         <show-property name="my:score"/>
      </property-sheet>
   </config>

Unfortunately, I can't see this property listed in the Alfresco web (including the /share one) for the documents on whom I added the custom aspect.

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe there are some other xml files that should be updated.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Outcomes