AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recent Activities Email - How to change the subject

Question asked by syanzy on Jun 26, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2015 by iwkse
Specifically, I want to change the word "Alfresco Share".
I found out that I can change this by updating this property:
<strong>activities.feed.notifier.email.subject</strong>
in the <strong>activities-service.properties</strong> file found in this path:
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>webapps</strong>/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/messages/

But best practice dictates that we shouldn't directly edit files in the <strong>webapps</strong> path, lest we lose the changes during upgrades.
So we are supposed to save it in the <strong>web-extension</strong> folder, or others would say in the <strong>shared</strong> folder, which would be:
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>shared</strong>/classes/alfresco/messages
or
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>shared</strong>/classes/alfresco/web-extension/messages

I tried updating the property in a custom .properties file. That didn't work.
I tried updating the property using the original file name. That also didn't work.

In all, I tried updating the property in the following path, none of them worked:
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>shared</strong>/classes/alfresco/messages/activities-service.properties
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>shared</strong>/classes/alfresco/messages/oo-custom-email-service.properties
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>shared</strong>/classes/alfresco/web-extension/activities-service.properties
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>shared</strong>/classes/alfresco/web-extension/oo-custom-email-service.properties
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>shared</strong>/classes/alfresco/web-extension/messages/activities-service.properties
alfresco/tomcat/<strong>shared</strong>/classes/alfresco/web-extension/messages/oo-custom-email-service.properties

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

See this bug which they ruled out is not a bug: https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/MNT-5920

Outcomes