AnsweredAssumed Answered

Java backed webscript doesn't show up at all

Question asked by mtielemans on Jun 26, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 by mtielemans
I am following the alfresco wiki's guide to java backed webscripts and cannot get it to work. What's worse, I cannot get as far as generating errors in the logs or otherwise, or a webscript listing in <alfresco>/alfresco/service/index/all.

Other than the wiki example, I am not using an AMP but a jar for my classes. This is because I am bound to adding my webscripts to an existing app that currently builds to a jar.

As far as I understand, there are three major steps in creating a java backed webscript:
<ol><li>Create the java class</li>
<li>Register the bean</li>
<li>Place the descriptor</li></ol>

I implemented this as follows. File locations are relative to the jar's root.
<strong>nl/mark/alfresco/myservice/webscript/GetFooTypes.java</strong>

package nl.mark.alfresco.myservice.webscript;

import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.Map;

import org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.DeclarativeWebScript;
import org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.Status;
import org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.WebScriptRequest;

public class GetFooTypes extends DeclarativeWebScript {
    @Override
    protected Map<String, Object> executeImpl(WebScriptRequest req, Status status) {

Map<String, Object> model = new HashMap<String, Object>();
        model.put("types", "[\"foo\", \"bar\"]");
        return model;
    }
}

<strong>alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/nl/mark/cacher/footype.desc.xml</strong>

<webscript>
    <shortname>Retrieve a list of foo types associated to a bar type.</shortname>
    <description>Returns an empty JSON array or a JSON array filled with foo types as Strings, named 'types'.</description>
    <url>/mark/cacher/footype?typecode={code}</url>
    <authentication>user</authentication>
    <family>Mark cacher</family>
</webscript>

<strong>alfresco/extension/mark-context.xml</strong>

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC '-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN' 'http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd'>

<beans>
    <!– Java backed webscripts –>
    <bean id="webscript.nl.mark.cacher.footype.get" class="nl.mark.alfresco.myservice.webscript.GetFooTypes"
      parent="webscript">
   </bean>
</beans>

Finally, this jar is placed in alfresco's WEB-INF/lib folder after which the server is restarted. However, the webscript is not available under its URL (404), and I find no mention of anything related in the (awefully clean) logs. It's also not listed in the webscripts index, not even as failed to load. I feel like I am messing up file locations.

Outcomes