AnsweredAssumed Answered

FSTR creating folders like .ftr1234 under ftr-root

Question asked by rhinmass on Feb 2, 2014
I have FSTR set up to replicate content, and it is working well for the most part.  However, every few weeks or so, folders named .ftrNNN (where NNN is some number) begin to appear in the ftr-root.  Once these folders appear, subsequent replication jobs only update that directory, not the original directory.  For example:

If this is the original directory structure on the endpoint:

ftr-root
   |—-metadata
           |——-xml
           |         |—-aaa.xml
           |         |—-bbb.xml
           |
           |——-csv
                     |—-ccc.csv
                     |—-ddd.csv

After the .ftr issue happens:

ftr-root
   |—-metadata
           |——-.ftr123
           |            |——-csv
           |                     |—-ccc.csv
           |                     |—-ddd.csv
           |——-xml
           |         |—-aaa.xml
           |         |—-bbb.xml
           |
           |——-csv
                     |—-ccc.csv
                     |—-ddd.csv

From this point forward updates to ccc.csv or ddd.csv in the repository are replacated to .ftr123/csv/ccc.csv and .ftr123/csv/ddd.csv.  The original folder, metadata/csv, is no longer updated.  All changes only replicate to the new .ftr123 folder.  The only way I have been able to get well is to obliterate the entire ftr-root, delete the derbyDB and re-replicate.

I have seen https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ALF-12067 and think this problem must somehow be related to locking. I only have one job replicating but it is possible that it is getting kicked off from different browser sessions.

Once we have gotten into this state, is there anyway to recover so that I don't have to wipe out everything and start over?

Thanks for any help!

Robin

Outcomes