AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best solution for lists that change?

Question asked by tomoconnell on Feb 4, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 by cesarista
I've looked through the forums and google and I still don't know what the best practice is for this requirement.

I need a list constraint that will need to be occasionally changed. Eg, List of company managers or current products. I've had the need to use this with both metadata property fields on a document, as well as part of a workflow. The problem with constraints in the model is that I cant remove things from the model without causing issues. I have seen suggestions to get this list dynamically but would that not still cause issues if you are holding onto old files with a now invalid constraint on it?

Another solution was to use an association to cm:person for eg a list of managers, but authority.ftl out-of-the-box has no parameters for only showing users from a selected group.

Saw a few references to combo boxes as well.

I understand I am going to have to do some extending somewhere in order to solve my problem, I just don't know what way is the most efficient and reusable, I will have many other cases to use this functionality in.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Outcomes