AnsweredAssumed Answered

CmisUnauthorizedException: Unauthorized After long WCMQS inactivity

Question asked by leonardo.celati on May 5, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 by qsdmv
Invoking an Alfresco page on WCMQS works fine and I get the page rendered properly. Then after long inactivity, which I didn't measure but seems to be at least an hour, I get this exception while accessing the page again (I am just showing part of the exception):

org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisUnauthorizedException: Unauthorized
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisUnauthorizedException: Unauthorized
   at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.convertStatusCode(AbstractAtomPubService.java:466)
   at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.post(AbstractAtomPubService.java:635)
   at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.DiscoveryServiceImpl.query(DiscoveryServiceImpl.java:179)
   at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl$5.fetchPage(SessionImpl.java:872)
   at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.util.AbstractIterator.getCurrentPage(AbstractIterator.java:132)
   at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.util.CollectionIterator.hasNext(CollectionIterator.java:48)
   at it.wzm.alfresco.client.WebSiteServiceImpl.refreshWebsiteCache(WebSiteServiceImpl.java:172)
   at it.wzm.alfresco.client.WebSiteServiceImpl.getWebSiteCache(WebSiteServiceImpl.java:155)
   at it.wzm.alfresco.client.WebSiteServiceImpl.getWebSite(WebSiteServiceImpl.java:122)

I have tried to track down the problem, but I was unable to come out with a solution.

I don't know if it is relevant, but I have only seen for example that GuestSessionFactoryImpl, which is supposed (by reading the javadoc) to create a pool of connection, gets called at startup, and its init method is launching a thread (isn't it forbidden by the specs ?) which is supposed to poll the CMIS server, such thread die as soon as it gets a connection, so the polling stops.

@Override
    public void run()
    {
        Thread thisThread = Thread.currentThread();
        while (waitForRepository == thisThread)
        {
            // See if the repository can be reached
            try
            {
                getRepository();
                log.info("Repository available");
                break; // <– this stops the thread ?!
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                lastException = e;
                log.warn("WQS unable to connect to repository: " + e.getMessage());
                if (log.isDebugEnabled())
                {
                    log.debug("Caught exception while attempting to connect to repository over CMIS", e);
                }
            }

// Wait a bit
            try
            {
                Thread.sleep(repositoryPollInterval);
            }
            catch (InterruptedException e)
            {
            }
        }
        waitForRepository = null;