AnsweredAssumed Answered

Share customization to link documents automatically

Question asked by juilee on May 14, 2014
Hi
I am a new Alfresco developer and getting to know the software and its customizations.
I am developing a document management system using Alfresco community 4.2.f edition for a company. I have added rules to move a document to the right folder, once its uploaded depending on the category of the document.
The company has thousands of different products and several documents associated with it. I want a custom way in which once a product is searched, the associated documents would come up highlighted and the ones those haven't been entered in the system for a particular model are shown differently. Basically something like a search but where, even the not found items are shown as non-clickable and the ones that are found can be viewed.
One idea was to generate a custom content model for every product, once any of its document is uploaded in the system and dynamically go on linking new documents to it whenever they are uploaded. This model can have non-clickable and clickable links depending on if the documents are present in the system.
Is there an easier way to do this?
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Juilee

Outcomes