AnsweredAssumed Answered

Reply to Linux based SAN mounted diskspace

Question asked by eswbitto on May 21, 2014
Here is the original post to the question that I'm referring to.
https://forums.alfresco.com/forum/installation-upgrades-configuration-integration/configuration/linux-based-alfresco-does-not

Here is my answer…enjoy :)

I can help you with this setup, but locking the topic… I had to answer your question this way. This will also help anyone else that needs a similar setup. I'm using this scenario with success.

You may need to start over with a fresh install and make these configurations before your start the alfresco service. I was able to make the changes after the fact.

In your alfresco-global.properties file make sure that your

dir.root=/is the/path to your/mnt for your san

In /opt/alfresco/postgresql/scripts/ctl.sh

edit the following:

HOSTNAME=`hostname`
POSTGRESQL_PIDFILE=/is the/path to your/mnt for your san/alf_data/postgresql/postmaster.pid

POSTGRESQL_START="/opt/alfresco/postgresql/bin/pg_ctl start -w -D /is the/path to your/mnt for your san/alf_data/postgresql"
POSTGRESQL_STOP="/opt/alfresco/postgresql/bin/pg_ctl stop -D /is the/path to your/mnt for your san/alf_data/postgresql"

the alf_data directory that you have in your mnt directory for your SAN you need to make sure the following two files have the correct path.

/alf_data/solr/workspace-SpacesStore/conf/solrcore.properties
/alf_data/solr/archive-SpacesStore/conf/solrcore.properties

At the top of the file the following needs to be defined.

data.dir.root=/is the/path to your/mnt for your san/alf_data/solr

You want to make sure that the /opt/alfresco/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/solr.xml contains the same information.

<Context docBase="/is the/path to your/mnt for your san/alf_data/solr/apache-solr-1.4.1.war"

This last one might actually popluate by itself after you start the alfresco service. I can't remember if I edited this file or not.

Keep in mind that going forward anytime that you want to upgrade you will have to do the same again. I also have the postgresql residing on the san instead of in the alfresco install. If this isn't something you want then discard the postgresql instructions. The other stuff should work for you.

Using version 4.2.d CE

Outcomes