AnsweredAssumed Answered

Share Advanced Search Forms

Question asked by abruzzi on Jun 2, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2014 by afaust
I've been looking at the docs and testing sample configs for the share advanced search page, and I have a question.

I am hoping to avoid having to use custom types in our model because of the complications creating those types.  Instead I want to have just cm:content and cm:folder for everything with aspects added where metadata is needed.

Unfortunately, it seems the options for custom forms are all keyed off of type, and while I can reference more than one form with the same type like so:

<config replace="true" evaluator="string-compare" condition="AdvancedSearch">
      <advanced-search>
         <!– Forms for the advanced search type list –>
         <forms>
            <form labelId="search.form.label.cm_content" descriptionId="search.form.desc.cm_content">cm:content</form>
            <form labelId="search.form.label.cm_folder" descriptionId="search.form.desc.cm_folder">cm:folder</form>           
            <form labelId="search.form.label.itproject" descriptionId="search.form.desc.itproject">cm:content</form>
         </forms>
      </advanced-search>
   </config>

They both end up displaying the same form.  What I'd like to be able to do is have any number of search forms referenced in the above list, that are specific to searching the properties related to a particular aspect.  So in the above case, there is a "dac:itproject" aspect, and has the properties "dac:itproject-name", "dac:itproject-desc", and "dac:itproject-owner" fields.  I'd like to be able to search them on a custom form, without having to clutter the default cm:content form.

It doesn't look like there is a simple way to do this, but I wanted to see if I'm missing something.

thanks,

Geof

Outcomes