AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating Forms

Question asked by racingyacht on Jun 29, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 by jpotts
Hi I am looking for guidance on how to get started with forms.

We receive and share a lot of information with clients, customers and partners through post, email, ftp etc, which would be better served via web-forms/cases. Therefore, I am evaluating Alfresco to improve our services and also to make it easier for us to manage the huge amount of content we receive.
I have installed two builds of Alfresco: community 4.2.f and community 5.0.a on separate servers.  However,I can't workout how to configure forms. I can't find in Administration any references to forms or form wizard. I have installed the forms development kit on the server ver 4.2.f, but I am unable to see or create any forms. I assume that I am missing something quite basic. Can someone please give me advise on how to get started? Also is there a current forms SDK for 5.0.a?

I am also following Jeff Potts' tutorials, so that I can understand what I am doing and become efficient on Alfresco application. I have an open case to answer a simple question that should help me continue with the tutorials. 

Environment:
Linux, Alfresco 4.2.f and 5.0.a on different servers

Thanking you in advance

Outcomes