AnsweredAssumed Answered

Possible ways to build an engaging powerful website with Alfresco

Question asked by juilee on Jul 15, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 by juilee
Hello,

I need to build an interactive and easy to use website for my company. It would be an internal website with different stages for product development.
The main requirement is it needs to be very easy to update, can store thousands of documents and should be flexible enough to add any requirements.
I have previously built a document management system using Alfresco share but this project requirements more visually pleasing looking website and one which can be updated easily by non-programmers.
I looked at Alfresco Web content management WCM, and its integration with Drupal. But not sure from where to start.

I went through a few case studies and this one looked very appealing and close to my requirement:
http://www.seedim.com.au/sites/default/files/casestudies/Seed-Case-Study-NissanWCM.pdf

What would be the best way to start designing the website and how can I come up with the technology stack required ?
How can I build html or javascript backed pages and integrate them with Alfresco ?
I read somewhere that Alfresco web forms can be used to create different templates for webpages.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Outcomes