AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco 3.0 fails to start -- More than one Alfresco schema was found

Question asked by johnny_fever442 on Aug 7, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2015 by johnny_fever442
Hi,

So our Data Center took a power hit and our racks lost power.  Upon reboot of the Linux server that runs Alfresco we see this in our alfresco.log:

————————-

18:43:34,821  INFO  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema managed by database dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect.
18:43:34,949  ERROR [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema auto-update failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException:
More than one Alfresco schema was found when querying the database metadata.
   Limit the database user's permissions or set the 'hibernate.default_schema' property in 'custom-hibernate-dialect.properties'.
        at org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap.countAppliedPatches(SchemaBootstrap.java:424)

————————–

I am not quite sure what this means or how it got there but I looked for the file custom-hibernate-dialect.properties and it was only located in the source directory on the file system:

/usr/local/src/Alfresco/extensions/extension/custom-hibernate-dialect.properties
/usr/local/src/Alfresco/extensions/extension/custom-hibernate-dialect.properties.sample

There is a post here:

https://forums.alfresco.com/forum/installation-upgrades-configuration-integration/configuration/error-executing-sdk

That talks about editing a different file, tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/domain/hibernate-cfg.properties, and putting in:

hibernate.default_schema=alfresco

That file is located here on our Red Hat Server:

/usr/share/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/domain/hibernate-cfg.properties

Lastly, I tried creating the file as per what the logfile was telling me here:

/usr/share/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/custom-hibernate-dialect.properties

And put in:

hibernate.default_schema=alfresco

But same errors…. I tried putting in hibernate.default_schema=alfresco to both the aforementioned files and we get the same thing.

we are in the house of pain right now as our company's DocRep is d0wn… if anyone could lend a hand we would be forever grateful!

Thanks,

Jg



Outcomes