AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installation/Configuration of SharePoint Integration

Question asked by shylynx on Aug 7, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 by shylynx
I setup an Alfresco 4.2f-1 instance and 4.2f-3 instance afterwards and waste many weeks of time because I don't get the SharePoint-Integration running. In detail I used the Bitnami-VMs from https://bitnami.com/stack/alfresco/virtual-machine.

According to https://docs.alfresco.com/4.2/concepts/SharePoint-intro.html and http://wiki.bitnami.com/Applications/BitNami_Alfresco#How_to_install_SharePoint_Protocol_Support_AMP.3f I basically installed the SharePoint-Integration-Support.

1. Question:
When I go to http://<host>/share/ I can open the repository but when I open the filemenu I only get the action "Offline Editing". Why I don't get "Online Editing"? Only when I move the file to a site the "Online Editing"-Action is shown. Why? And how can I edit files in the respository online?

2. Question:
How can I check that the SharePoint-Integration is fully installed? I already checked that /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org.alfresco.module.vti/context/vti*** exists.

3. Question:
I looked at http://<host>/share/service/modules/deploy where the installed modules are listed. But only the "Alfresco Portlet Extension" is listed at the available modules. The SharePoint-Extension is missing. Why?

4. Question:
When I call "Online Editing" on a Word-Document then Word starts up but Word can't load the document and complains, that the resource can't be found. Why? I looked for the open ports and netstat states that jsvc.exec is running at port 7070. But if I try to connect to port 7070 I can't connect. How do I get it running?

The web is full of stupid try-and-error approaches. I want to dig into the root causes to get it running. So please answer each question with detailed information and please stay away with esoteric assumptions or three word answers. If you have further questions on my setup or logs, don't hesitate to ask for information you need.

Here are some excerpts from logging:

/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/logs/share.log
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
13:34:13,921 WARN  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.connector.RemoteClient] Exception during close() of HTTP API connection
ClientAbortException:  java.io.IOException: Failed to send AJP message
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:413)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:480)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:359)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.close(OutputBuffer.java:309)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.close(CoyoteOutputStream.java:108)
   at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.connector.RemoteClient.copyResponseStreamOutput(RemoteClient.java:1312)
   at org.alfresco.web.scripts.SlingshotRemoteClient.copyResponseStreamOutput(SlingshotRemoteClient.java:158)
   at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.connector.RemoteClient.service(RemoteClient.java:1152)
   at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.connector.RemoteClient.call(RemoteClient.java:708)
   at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.connector.HttpConnector.call(HttpConnector.java:143)
   at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.connector.AuthenticatingConnector.call(AuthenticatingConnector.java:293)
   at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.servlet.mvc.EndPointProxyController.handleRequestInternal(EndPointProxyController.java:326)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
   at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:748)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:486)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:411)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:338)
   at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.NormalRewrittenUrl.doRewrite(NormalRewrittenUrl.java:213)
   at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:171)
   at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:145)
   at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:92)
   at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:389)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
   at org.alfresco.web.site.servlet.SecurityHeadersFilter.doFilter(SecurityHeadersFilter.java:168)
   at org.alfresco.web.site.servlet.CSRFFilter.doFilter(CSRFFilter.java:320)
   at org.alfresco.web.site.servlet.SSOAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SSOAuthenticationFilter.java:378)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
   at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
   at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProcessor.process(AjpAprProcessor.java:190)
   at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketWithOptionsProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:2379)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to send AJP message
   at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProcessor.output(AjpAprProcessor.java:293)
   at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AbstractAjpProcessor$SocketOutputBuffer.doWrite(AbstractAjpProcessor.java:1197)
   at org.apache.coyote.Response.doWrite(Response.java:520)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:408)
   … 59 more

/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/logs/alfresco.log
06:08:14,209 WARN  [org.alfresco.util.OpenOfficeConnectionTester] An initial OpenOffice connection could not be established.

[…]

06:08:21,676 WARN  [org.alfresco.fileserver] CIFS, Unable to get local domain/workgroup name, using default of WORKGROUP. This may be due to firewall settings or incorrect <broadcast> setting)

[…]

06:08:21,800 ERROR [org.alfresco.fileserver] [SMB] Server error : org.alfresco.jlan.server.config.InvalidConfigurationException: Error initializing TCP-IP SMB session handler, Permission denied
06:08:21,803 ERROR [org.alfresco.fileserver] Error from JLAN
org.alfresco.jlan.server.config.InvalidConfigurationException: Error initializing TCP-IP SMB session handler, Permission denied
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.nio.NIOCifsConnectionsHandler.initializeHandler(NIOCifsConnectionsHandler.java:259)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBServer.run(SMBServer.java:479)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[…]

06:09:00,194 WARN  [org.alfresco.util.OpenOfficeConnectionTester] Error trying to query Open Office version information. OpenOffice.org's ConfigurationRegistry not implemented in this version of OOo. This should not affect the operation of OOo.

[…]

06:12:16,969 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.complex.JodConverter.Image as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter.2Pdf|pdf|complex.PDF.Image").
06:12:16,969 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.complex.JodConverter.Pdf2swf as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter.2Pdf|pdf|Pdf2swf").
06:12:16,969 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.JodConverter.Html2Pdf as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter|odt|JodConverter").
06:12:16,969 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.JodConverter.2Pdf as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter|JodConverter.Html2Pdf").
06:12:16,969 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.complex.JodConverter.PdfBox as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter.2Pdf|pdf|PdfBox").

/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/logs/catalina-daemon.out
2014-06-11 15:23:08,138  WARN  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] [localhost-startStop-1] Schema validation found 44 potential problems, results written to: /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/temp/Alfresco/Alfresco-MySQLInnoDBDialect-Validation-Pre-Upgrade-alf_-8549237231262472824.txt
2014-06-11 15:23:08,151  WARN  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] [localhost-startStop-1] Schema validation found 10 potential problems, results written to: /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/temp/Alfresco/Alfresco-MySQLInnoDBDialect-Validation-Pre-Upgrade-avm_-207653863276234285.txt
2014-06-11 15:23:08,242  WARN  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] [localhost-startStop-1] Schema validation found 28 potential problems, results written to: /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/temp/Alfresco/Alfresco-MySQLInnoDBDialect-Validation-Pre-Upgrade-jbpm_-4050694931335103518.txt
2014-06-11 15:23:08,367  WARN  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] [localhost-startStop-1] Schema validation found 23 potential problems, results written to: /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/temp/Alfresco/Alfresco-MySQLInnoDBDialect-Validation-Pre-Upgrade-act_-3564603264253968141.txt

[…]

2014-06-11 15:23:36,082  ERROR [content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] [localhost-startStop-1] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.complex.JodConverter.Image as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter.2Pdf|pdf|complex.PDF.Image").
2014-06-11 15:23:36,082  ERROR [content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] [localhost-startStop-1] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.complex.JodConverter.Pdf2swf as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter.2Pdf|pdf|Pdf2swf").
2014-06-11 15:23:36,083  ERROR [content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] [localhost-startStop-1] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.JodConverter.Html2Pdf as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter|odt|JodConverter").
2014-06-11 15:23:36,083  ERROR [content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] [localhost-startStop-1] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.JodConverter.2Pdf as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter|JodConverter.Html2Pdf").
2014-06-11 15:23:36,083  ERROR [content.transform.TransformerConfigDynamicTransformers] [localhost-startStop-1] Cannot create dynamic transformer transformer.complex.JodConverter.PdfBox as sub transformers could not be found or created ("JodConverter.2Pdf|pdf|PdfBox").

[…]

2014-06-11 15:23:40,880  WARN  [alfresco.util.OpenOfficeConnectionTester] [localhost-startStop-1] An initial OpenOffice connection could not be established.

[…]

2014-06-11 15:25:24,066  WARN  [admin.patch.PatchExecuter] [localhost-startStop-1] Patch description is not available: Patch[ id=patch.show.audit, description=patch.show.audit.description, fixesFromSchema=0, fixesToSchema=6011, targetSchema=6012, ignored=false]

[…]

Thanks in advance

Outcomes