AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error deleting tenant. (Enterprise Evaluation)

Question asked by lburgos on Aug 21, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2014 by lburgos
Hello everyone,

I'm currently evaluating alfresco for a possible use at company I'm working at the moment. The company requires multitenancy, which alfresco claims to support. I have downloaded Alfresco Enterprise 30 trial evaluation version but I'm encountering the following problems:

1.- I can't delete a tenant. This is a must-have requirement. If I create a tenant, I should be able to delete it. Searching the web I have found many sites that describe how easy it is to delete a tenant (delete <tenant> and voila! it's gone!) but I have not been able to accomplish this task. It fails with the following exception:

org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 07210015 Failed to delete tenant: tenant1
Caused by: org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 07210014 The guest@tenant1 user cannot be deleted.

Thinking it might be something that was not working well in Enterprise v4.2.2 and maybe was fixed in a more recent version, I went ahead and downloaded version 5.0a. To my surprise, the same error.

Searching this forum did not yield any entries for this specific topic "deleting a tenant"

Is there something I have to do, configuration-wise to enable tenant deletion? I must be doing something really stupid if no one else has had this problem.

FYI, this can be consistently replicated as follows:

Log in as "super admin" http://localhost:8080/alfresco/faces/jsp/admin/tenantadmin-console.jsp

create tenant1 admin
OK

delete tenant1
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 07210015 Failed to delete tenant: tenant1
Caused by: org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 07210014 The guest@tenant1 user cannot be deleted.

version 4.2.2 Enterprise on MacOS X 10.9  (Mysql 5.1 and PostgreSQL)
version 4.2f Community on MacOS X 10.9    (Mysql 5.1 backend)
version 5.0a Community on MacOS X 10.9    (Mysql 5.1 backend)
version 5.0a Community on CentOS 6.5 and 7.0  (MariaDB backend)

Any pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luis

Outcomes