AnsweredAssumed Answered

After saving XLS file, Hibernate cannot deserialize anymore ?

Question asked by catar4 on Nov 24, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 25, 2014 by catar4
Hi everyone.

I hope I'll be able to find someone to help me investigate on this issue, which really confuses me.

I have an old alfresco community 3.3 installation (the users don't want to update to a newer version even if I try) which we are trying to access through webdav. There are some issues with webdav, but besides those the system works as we expect and has been working correctly for years.

One of the issue I was troubleshooting on webdav was the saving of XLS files. I was troubleshooting this until I was able to save an XLS file from my mapped network drive on alfresco webdav, using LibreOffice.

Since I was able to save the file, I wanted to see if closing it then re-opening it would show my modifications. Sure enough, it did. I wanted to revert my change and save the file again, when the system told me it wa unable to save the file.

I went to check the logs of Alfresco (excuse me if I don't include them here, I'm now writing here from home) and I saw a batch of "Hibernate could not deserialize" errors. Now when I'm restarting the server, I always get the "could not deserialize" error from Hibernate and all of the documents under the folder in which I was saving the file have "disappeared" (I'm sure they are still there but they cannot be shown for alfresco cannot deserialize).

Is this a known issue with a fix or workaround ? This really surprises me, I wouldn't expect that saving a file could cause such an issue.

Thanks in advance,
Carl

PS: I'm running alfresco community 3.3 on an Ubuntu server and running on PostgreSQL 9.1 … previously we were on PostgreSQL 8.4 before moving to another more recent server and the switch to a newer PSQL version never cause any impact … until I saved an XLS file (that's all that happened as far as I know, I'm the only one working on it and possibly two users who are in "read-only" mode since they cannot save from the drive mapped to webdav.

Outcomes