AnsweredAssumed Answered

SharePoint over SSL on 5.0.c

Question asked by singleuseonly on Feb 24, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 by eswbitto
Hi.

I am currently attempting to evaluate Alfresco 5.0.c

I have successfully configured keystores for TomCat to run over HTTPS on 8443 using our domain certs.
I have installed alfresco-spp-5.0.c.amp - and the Share Point connector is working over insecure over 7070.

However -  I am trying to get the SharePoint VTI connector to use SLL, and here I have hit a wall.

Using docs located here <a href="http://docs.alfresco.com/community/tasks/SharePoint-SSL.html">http://docs.alfresco.com/community/tasks/SharePoint-SSL.html</a> I have modified to suit my keystore and passwords etc etc.

The files I have modified for this purpose;

vti-custom-context.xml (created this as it didn't exist)
custom-vti.properties

After
/etc/init.d/alfresco restart

It throws

SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Feb 24, 2015 2:04:50 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Context [/alfresco] startup failed due to previous errors

and fails to start.

After enabling logging to FINE I see the following as I trace back from the SEVERE entry

FINE:     findResource(META-INF/services/org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration)
Feb 24, 2015 2:04:50 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader findResource
FINE:     –> Resource not found, returning null
Feb 24, 2015 2:04:50 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader getResourceAsStream
FINE:   Delegating to parent classloader unconditionally org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@643a498c
Feb 24, 2015 2:04:50 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader getResourceAsStream
FINE:   –> Resource not found, returning null

The "Resource not found, returning null" is the only issue I can see. Not sure how to move forward.

Am I missing a dependancy?

Running on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server.

If I remove the vti-custom-context.xml and restart Alfresco I return to my previous functioning state - with insecure SharePoint.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Outcomes