AnsweredAssumed Answered

Configure external blog in Alfresco One 5

Question asked by qingl97 on Mar 6, 2015
I am a newbie and am developing on Alfresco One Enterprise 5.0.0.3.

After checking the issue at link https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ACE-2721 , I just want to confirm:

Is the feagure of configuring an external blog deprecated natively in the version of Alfreco I am using?

Since I have checked the file
webapps/share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/site-webscripts/org/alfresco/components/blog/toolbar.get.html.ftl
and find in the following code that there doesn't exist any code refering to the button of "Configure an external blog" as in the Alfresco version 4.1

<@markup id="html">
   <@uniqueIdDiv>
      <div id="${args.htmlid}-body" class="share-toolbar blog-toolbar flat-button theme-bg-2">
         <div class="navigation-bar <#if ((args.showNavigationBar!"false") == "false")>hide</#if>">
            <div>
               <span class="<#if (page.url.args.listViewLinkBack! == "true")>backLink<#else>forwardLink</#if>">
                  <a href="${url.context}/page/site/${page.url.templateArgs.site}/blog-postlist">${msg("link.listView")}</a>
               </span>
            </div>
         </div>
         <div class="action-bar theme-bg-1">
            <div class="new-blog"><button id="${args.htmlid}-create-button">${msg("button.create")}</button></div>
         </div>
         <@markup id="rssAction">
         <div class="rss-feed">
            <div>
               <a id="${args.htmlid}-rssFeed-button" href="#">${msg("button.rssfeed")}</a>
            </div>
         </div>
         </@>
      </div>
      <div class="clear"></div>
   </@>
</@>

In contrast in Alfresco 4.1 enterprise edition, there exist the code below in the same file:

<div class="separator"> </div>
<div class="configure-blog"><button id="${args.htmlid}-configure-button" name="postlist-configure-button">${msg("button.configure")}</button></div>

Since this feagure is actually really pratical and demanded by the customers, I would be surprised if it is really removed from Alfresco One 5. If so, is there any good existing solution to add this feagure back?

Outcomes