AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco Community - Config LDAP with AD

Question asked by joshbishop82 on Mar 24, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 by joshbishop82
Hello all,

I am new to Alfresco, I have the Community version installed on Windows Server 2012.

I would like to bind the application with my company's LDAP Active Directory server.

I have attempted myself to update the alfresco-global.properties file to include the following:

authentication.chain=alfinst:alfrescoNtlm,ldap1:ldap-ad
ntlm.authentication.sso.enabled=false
ldap.authentication.allowGuestLogin=true
ldap.authentication.userNameFormat=%s@domainname.com
ldap.authentication.java.naming.provider.url=ldaps://adssl.domainname.com:636
ldap.authentication.defaultAdministratorUserNames=Administrator,alfresco
ldap.synchronization.java.naming.security.principal=x195485
ldap.synchronization.java.naming.security.credentials=mypassword
ldap.synchronization.groupSearchBase=ou=People,dc=domainname,dc=com
ldap.synchronization.userSearchBase=ou=People,dc=domainname,dc=com
synchronization.syncOnStartup=true

It would appear that after I inserted the above and restarted the server that I was able to log into Alfresco using my AD account or so I thought. My username in AD is x195485 and I have admin rights to AD so I thought the above would be how I would bind to LDAP, or so I thought. I tried logging into Alfresco using another username and it failed, the only account that works is mine which x195485 and I wonder if its because I enter my credentials into the above code when I thought what I was doing was entering binding credentials to our AD server.

I am obviously doing something wrong so if someone could please help I would appreciate it. I am by the way, out of my depth with Java so I will need a dummies guide on this please. Also, for the purposes of security I have replaced the actual domain name with domainname.com so please dont assume I havent got these correct.

Thank you.

Outcomes