AnsweredAssumed Answered

404 on Solr

Question asked by eswbitto on May 12, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 by khairulsafie
Hello Everyone,

A weird issue occurred yesterday. I'm using 4.2.f CE on Centos in production and it has been working for over a year with no issues.

Suddenly I'm getting this error message in the logs.

09:42:00,015 ERROR [org.quartz.core.ErrorLogger] Job (DEFAULT.org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean#34367433 threw an exception.
org.quartz.SchedulerException: Job threw an unhandled exception. [See nested exception: org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobMethodInvocationFailedException: Invocation of method 'run' on target class [class org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor] failed; nested exception is org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 04120431 Request failed 404 /solr/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=1000&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&alternativeDic=DEFAULT_DICTIONARY&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON]
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:227)
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:563)
Caused by: org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobMethodInvocationFailedException: Invocation of method 'run' on target class [class org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor] failed; nested exception is org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 04120431 Request failed 404 /solr/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=1000&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&alternativeDic=DEFAULT_DICTIONARY&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON
        at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:273)
        at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
        … 1 more
Caused by: org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 04120431 Request failed 404 /solr/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=1000&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&alternativeDic=DEFAULT_DICTIONARY&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryHTTPClient.executeQuery(SolrQueryHTTPClient.java:459)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryLanguage.executeQuery(SolrQueryLanguage.java:49)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrSearchService.query(SolrSearchService.java:348)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrSearchService.query(SolrSearchService.java:152)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.SearcherComponent.query(SearcherComponent.java:67)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.AbstractSearcherComponent.query(AbstractSearcherComponent.java:53)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor624.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.SubsystemProxyFactory$1.invoke(SubsystemProxyFactory.java:72)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy31.query(Unknown Source)
        at org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor$1$1.execute(PublishQueueProcessor.java:168)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:452)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:323)
        at org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor$1.doWork(PublishQueueProcessor.java:157)
        at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationUtil.runAs(AuthenticationUtil.java:548)
        at org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor.runInternal(PublishQueueProcessor.java:152)
        at org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor.run(PublishQueueProcessor.java:115)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor887.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:273)
        at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:264)
        … 3 more

I thought that the indexes were corrupt so I followed the documentation to reindex. That gave no positive results.

I then went to a previous night full backup and restore content and database and I'm still getting the same error.

What the outcome of this is that in /share it still works, but the search functionality and also tags are not working.

I can search users (which I think is done differently), but I cannot search content. When I go to the tag manager it gives the same error.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do? My only solution is to reinstall Alfresco and then use my backup/database, but I'm afraid if go through all that trouble I'll still end up back where I am right now.

Outcomes