AnsweredAssumed Answered

Americanize Share dates in 5.0

Question asked by bphelps_2152 on Jun 2, 2015
I recently upgraded to Alfresco Community 5.0d and found that my previous "fix" to display dates in share (specifically the forms) in a uniquely American format (mm/dd/yyyy) no longer worked.

The previous fix was to create a form.get.properties file in C:\Alfresco\tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\web-extension\site-webscripts\org\alfresco\components\form

I at first blamed Aikau for breaking my fix. Kinda glad to see that wasn't it because I kinda like Aikau(if I can ever get it straight in my head).

The problem was that previous versions did not have a form.get_en.properties but they had included it in 5.0d. This negated my attempt to override the default properties file because it wasn't using the default any more.

The solution I finally arrived at was to create form.get_en_US.properties and common_en_US.properties (to fix date displays in other parts of share).

I also decided I would try to package it all in an amp file using the new SDK2.1

The project can be found at https://gitlab.com/brian-phelps01/Alfresco_Share-Americanize_Dates

Outcomes