AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with email message processing/solr

Question asked by idwright on Nov 30, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 by lothar
Hi,
I'm seeing a problem in the logs with Email message processing that seems to be connected to the solr processing.

I've replaced the invalid number which is an alphanumeric in the log entry below as it's different for different errors - but not a number in any of the error messages - no obvious pattern although one value was mysmtp122

I've tried searching for the string that causes the messages in the contentstore using grep without any hits.

I guess something is defined in solr as a number when it shouldn't be but I'm not sure how to narrow it down further

The message is occurring reasonably frequently but I don't know whether it's from the imap server or the smtp server both are enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

The logs are as follows:

On the share server

ERROR [surf.util.AbstractLifecycleBean] [org.subethamail.smtp.server.Session-/an.ip.addr.ess:18150] 10304468 Email message processing failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 10304468 Email message processing failed
        at org.alfresco.email.server.EmailServiceImpl.processMessage(EmailServiceImpl.java:324)
        at org.alfresco.email.server.EmailServiceImpl.importMessage(EmailServiceImpl.java:180)
        at org.alfresco.email.server.impl.subetha.SubethaEmailServer$Handler.processDelivery(SubethaEmailServer.java:223)
        at org.alfresco.email.server.impl.subetha.SubethaEmailServer$Handler.data(SubethaEmailServer.java:184)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.command.DataCommand.execute(DataCommand.java:64)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.server.RequireTLSCommandWrapper.execute(RequireTLSCommandWrapper.java:30)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.server.CommandHandler.handleCommand(CommandHandler.java:99)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.server.Session.runCommandLoop(Session.java:244)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.server.Session.run(Session.java:145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 10304467 Request failed 400 /solr4/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=1000&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&alternativeDic=DEFAULT_DICTIONARY&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryHTTPClient.postQuery(SolrQueryHTTPClient.java:616)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryHTTPClient.postSolrQuery(SolrQueryHTTPClient.java:559)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryHTTPClient.executeQuery(SolrQueryHTTPClient.java:520)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryLanguage.executeQuery(SolrQueryLanguage.java:51)


On the solr server:

ERROR [solr.core.SolrCore] [http-bio-8443-exec-10] org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid Number: <<Some string with letters>>
        at org.apache.solr.schema.TrieField.readableToIndexed(TrieField.java:406)
        at org.apache.solr.schema.TrieField.readableToIndexed(TrieField.java:378)
        at org.apache.solr.schema.TrieField.toInternal(TrieField.java:413)
        at org.apache.solr.schema.FieldType$DefaultAnalyzer$1.incrementToken(FieldType.java:473)
        at org.alfresco.solr.query.Solr4QueryParser.getFieldQueryImpl(Solr4QueryParser.java:1252)
        at org.alfresco.solr.query.Solr4QueryParser.getFieldQueryImplWithIOExceptionWrapped(Solr4QueryParser.java:812)
        at org.alfresco.solr.query.Solr4QueryParser.getSuperFieldQuery(Solr4QueryParser.java:3380)
        at org.alfresco.solr.query.Solr4QueryParser$FieldQuery.getQuery(Solr4QueryParser.java:3478)
        at org.alfresco.solr.query.Solr4QueryParser.attributeQueryBuilder(Solr4QueryParser.java:3894)
        at org.alfresco.solr.query.Solr4QueryParser.getFieldQuery(Solr4QueryParser.java:610)
        at org.alfresco.solr.query.Solr4QueryParser.getFieldQuery(Solr4QueryParser.java:459)
        at org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.QueryParserBase.handleBareTokenQuery(QueryParserBase.java:842)

Outcomes