AnsweredAssumed Answered

Working copy update

Question asked by ericlemanissier on Dec 23, 2015
Dear all,

I read from Alfresco documentation that it is possible to update the working copy to allow others to see changes without updating the original content. (http://docs.alfresco.com/4.0/concepts/cuh-content-workingcopy.html

Is it something available in the 5.0 community edition?

By clicking the edit offline action the document is locked and we can switch original/working copy nodes. After selecting the working copy node, it is possible to upload a new version. In practice I did not see an option to update the working copy, keep it active and not impacting the original document. After uploading the modified file, the working copy is removed and original document is updated.

What I would like to have is the opportunity for the person in charge of the modification to update the working copy content without impacting the original node and original document revision history. Once the working copy modification is completed and validated then the operator clicks an action to upload the file, selecting minor/major numbers and eventually add a comment as it is currently offered by the “upload new version” dialog window.

Thank you in advance for your help on this,

Outcomes