AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to start developing in Alfresco

Question asked by vbutacu on Oct 28, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 by vbutacu

Hello guys,

I just started messing around with alfresco and I read some documentation about developing extra stuff but I find it a little overwhelming as I'm not a professional developer and I really don't know what I'm going to need in order to accomplish my goal.

I would basically want to develop an additional module for alfresco that would allow me to manage employees permits requests for the HR office. What I'm asking from you is a quick "How To" on how to interact with alfresco in order to create this additional feature. I will try to explain as clearly as possibile my situation:

I installed alfresco my Windows computer and I followed the tutorial to setup Maven SDK, Java jdk and Eclipse IDE. I also managed to create the example amp project for alfresco-share. At this point I get stuck on how to integrate what I develop with my existing alfresco deployment and once I eventually develop something how to integrate the web part.

I tried to explain as clearly as possible, If you think I should provide extra information please tell. Thank you in advance for you comments.

Kind regards.

Outcomes