AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to search by property in custom model

Question asked by tomekszy on Nov 2, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 by christogz

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to search by custom field in my custom aspect. I found some information, like https://www.bluefishgroup.com/insights/ecm/adding-metadata-fields-to-simple-search-and-live-search-with-alfresco-5/ or How to search metadata of documents ,but it seems very complicated. I can't find XML files, which are mentioned in these documents:

For example in first document from BlueFishGroup, there is information, that files

• live-search-docs.get.config.xml
  • search.get.config.xml

should be extracted from file tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-remote-api-5.0.2.1.jar, from directory alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/slingshot/search/, but I don't have that directory in this JAR file (in alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/slingshot/ there are only directories called calendar and quadds, there is no search). Also even if I somehow would find this file, it is written, that

These files can now be modified to add additional metadata fields as needed. Once the files have been updated, they should be deployed to the ‘extensions’ directory so that they will override the out of the box configuration. If you are deploying your code as a custom AMP file, the files should target the following directory:

• tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/slingshot/search

I don't want to deploy it as a custom AMP, so I assume I should copy them to 'extension' directory. But where is that? Should i put them to those JAR file? Or should it be tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension directory? Or maybe  /tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/ ?

I'm looking for help in that matter, because I'm begginer in Alfresco, and I just don't have enough knowledge to do that.

In second document, there is information, that if I want to search by custom metadata, I should write a webscript, and it is way over my knowledge.

Maybe there are some other ways to do that? I just can't believe, that managing so basic procedure, as searching by metadata is so complicated to insert.

Outcomes