AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installation Feedback Version 5.1  --- Bugs??

Question asked by tbednarz on Feb 1, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 by tbednarz
Hi,

I just installed Activity 5.1 and here are my feedbacks:

I use Postgres 8.4 database server. Therefore I changed build.properties and also build.postgres.properties. For development, testing etc I work on a Windows 7 32-bit Workstation with 3 GB RAM. I run Sun JDK (1.6.0_22-b04). I wanted the latest tomcat (6.0.30), so I set in build.properties for tomcat the following:

tomcat.version=6.0.30

I ran ant demo.start (I installed the latest ant 1.8.2)

The script run successfully, however the following happened:

Under ${actviti.home}/apps  I have two directories: apache-tomcat-6.0.29 and apache-tomcat-6.0.30. Both contain data. Seems like you have some hardcoded tomcat version somewhere in a script and ignore what is set in build.properties.  (see attached screenshot)

Unfortunately all logs have a size of 0 bytes in the tomcat/logs directory so I have no output of the exceptions thrown. But there was one saying it failed to connect to h2 database. Since I configured postgres, it should not try h2 at all!

When I imported the projects into Eclipse (I use 3.6 Helios JEE edition) there where some libs missing:
antlr-2.7.7.jar should be in libs-test for projects activiti-engine-examples, activiti-groovy-examples and activiti-jpa-examples. In activiti-spring-examples there is missing
Description   Resource   Path   Location   Type
Project 'activiti-spring-examples' is missing required library: 'libs-test/spring-orm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar'   activiti-spring-examples      Build path   Build Path Problem

Where can I get this jar file?

And then a question:

I have tomcat installed as a service independent from activiti, since I use it for many other apps too. I built activiti and copied all activiti* webapps to my standard tomcat webapps directory. Some of the apps work,some don't like the designer. What do I need to do to correctly deploy the samples to another tomcat instance?

Many thanks for your feedbacks

Thomas

Attachments

Outcomes