AnsweredAssumed Answered

Discussion on Re-authentication for long running transaction

Question asked by ryu on Mar 25, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2011 by ancoron
Hi all,

Here I want to discuss about re-authentication for long running transaction in a situation as follows:

In our project, we use Activiti process as a central orchestration to call our EJBs. From my knowledge of Activiti, for handling long running transaction, the process is divided into small transactions. For example, when the process enters a UserTask, all current process's variables are commited into the database, the current transaction ends and the process goes into a wait state. When a user finishes his form, a new transaction is started again.

Our designer has different EJBs and an authentication is performed before invoking any of them. The problem is the authentication information of EJB is hold in a thread. But when your transaction ends, and you start a new transaction (new thread) after that, you will loose your authentication information. In another words, when Activiti starts a new transaction after a UserTask, how can we call an EJB with the authentication information of the previous transaction.

I'd love to hear your ideas.

Thank you very much
Regards

Outcomes