AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change the process of patching the modeler

Question asked by bernd.ruecker on Apr 13, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2011 by tombaeyens
I am currently have a look on http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ACT-309 (since I am at a customer extending the modeler as well).

One proposal as a preparation, which would ease the development on the Modeler a lot:
- Can we upload the "raw" Signavio modeler as an Maven WAR artifact to the Nexus/Mvn-Repo
- Create an own Maven war project including the patching of the activiti modeler and building a correct Maven Artifact of the Modeler for the current version (actually the war Plug-In can very easy patch the war file in a Maven standard way and we cna get rid of the Ant build for that).
- Upload the war as part of the release process to the Maven Repo.

by having the war available in the Maven Repo, it allows people to extend the Modeler with their own stencilset very easy. We could provide an easy example how to do this. And by this, I could add some mapping to Cycle in order to add all the Activiti Extensions to the BPMN 2.0 XML as well.

Anybody problems with it?
Could somebody upload the raw modeler to the Maven Repo? Since it currently doesn't really change in every version, that could be pretty stable (or not?).

Thanks
Bernd

Outcomes