AnsweredAssumed Answered

SImulation of process definition

Question asked by swiderski.maciej on May 3, 2011
Latest reply on May 15, 2013 by gromar
Hi,

Let me start with the question - is there any simulation related work on the way or in future plans?

Reason why I asked is that I have found myself in situation where stake holders where convinced to introduce an open source BPM engine to the company but business users always ask for simulation capabilities - I cannot say I know about all of such products - but unfortunately there was none that could bring this out of the box, more over that will be integrated with modeling/designing tools.
That lead to the hobby I am putting quite some spare time right now and would like to hear from the community if there is an interest in such component.

Please take a look at some of the docs I put together for PoC for simulation engine as I called it. This is a starter of bigger thing in BPM domain (hopefully will have enough time to work on it - but that is a topic for yet another discussion, maybe in the future)

http://sourceforge.net/p/bpm-accelerator/wiki/

It's not much, I am still working on it, but I hope it will give some insight into what I am trying to do. All your feedback is more than welcome. Once I will feel ready to show the code I will make the SVN repository accessible too, but I am not there yet - too messy to show it to the public :)

Anyway, looking forward to your comments and cheers for Activiti - great piece of software.

Regards
Maciej

Outcomes