AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to view process definitions via probe: SAXParseExcept

Question asked by wolpert on Jul 6, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 26, 2011 by jbarrez
Folks-

I'm using activiti 5.6, via the grails activiti plugin, without a problem. Process definitions are deployed correctly, and can view them correctly via the activiti RepositoryService class. But I get into a problem when I start up the activiti-probe and activiti-explorer webapplication. Attempts to view deployed processes in either causes the following exception in the server logs:

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:198)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.util.xml.Parse.execute(Parse.java:133)
        … 31 more

The XML that was deployed via the grails-activiti plugin is correct, and as I mentioned, work fine with the activiti engine deployed, but they are completely unviewable using the distributed acitiviti webapplications.

To make matters stranger, if I deploy the same files via activiti-probe, there is no issue, and I can again use them just fine in the grails webapp via the grails-activiti plugin. Its the other way that there is this failure.

My configuration uses the same database instance for both, postgresql in this case. Activiti 5.6 and the XML files were generated via the eclipse designer. The exception suggests some data before the
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
part of the xml file, but nothing is there… even checked with a hex editor just in case. And, it comes up validate when checking with a validating parser.

I'm not sure where to go from here… I've posted a request for help on the grails-activiti plugin side, but I wanted to post here in case someone could direct my attention to where the problem could originate from.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Outcomes