AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inclusive Gateway Support?

Question asked by tidetom on Jul 20, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 by trademak
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of when the Inclusive Gateway will be available for use in Activiti?  Currently we can use a Parallel Gateway, however any conditionExpressions placed on outgoing sequenceFlows from the Parallel Gateway are not evaluated.  This forces us to put an Exclusive Gateway after our Parallel Gateway in order for the expressions to get evaluated properly. 

While this may seem like a worthy workaround, when you have any more than a couple possible output paths, this process becomes tedious, and more importantly takes away one of the main reasons we love Activiti so much – it's ability to give us visibility into our business processes – because the processes get very cluttered with a mess of exclusive gateways. (note, it is not uncommon for us to have 15-20 possible conditional paths out of a gateway, thus the cluttering).

If anyone could answer regarding a timeframe for inclusive gateway support, or if there's a different workaround that I'm not considering, please let me know.  I'd love to be able to clean up our process flows and switch over to an inclusive gateway.

Thanks,
Tom

Outcomes