AnsweredAssumed Answered

'Manual' installation of Activiti 5.6

Question asked by jammann on Aug 5, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2011 by htmfilho
Hi all

due to some setup requirements of my customer, I can not use the full ant setup procedure. I need to break things apart a bit, and install Activiti 5.6 on top of an Oracle database. After some tweaking, I got things running, but I have one thing which I did not understand really (might be a shortcoming of the current installation procedure).

I changed the activiti-cfg.xml to work with my Oracle environment, and after building and deploying the webapps, the REST webapp was working ok, but Explorer, Probe etc. still tried to connect to a H2 database. I tracked it down to the ant target deploy.activiti.cfg.into.tomcat. As far as I was able to understand this, this copies the modified activiti cfg jar and the database driver jar (in my case ojdbc from Oracle) into the deployed webapp. But the original target only did it for the activiti-rest webapp. After I manually copied the activiti-cfg and ojdbc jar also to the other webapps, everything worked as expected.

Now I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do? Should the other webapps work even if the cfg is not deployed correctly? Or did I miss something in the build.xml and this copying happens somewhere else? Or is it just a little shortcoming of the current installation procedure?

Regards, Joe

Outcomes