AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hot deployment

Question asked by bhj2 on Aug 10, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 by vasile.dirla
I am using the activiti engine with spring.
I would like to do hot deployment for processes which use java classes & beans. The problem is about the deployment of java classes. Until now I put them in the classpath. Is it possible to do it without having to redeploy my web application?

I found that in the guide, but this is only possible if we user REST services.

Java classes

All custom classes that are used in your process (eg. JavaDelegates used in servicetaks or event-listeners, TaskListeners, …) should be present on the engine's classpath when an instance of the process is started.

But during deployment of a business archive, those classes don't have to be present on the classpath. This means that you're delegation classes don't have to be on the classpath when deploying a new business archive with ant.

When you are using the demo setup and you want to add your custom classes, you should add a jar containing your classes to the activiti-rest webapp lib. Don't forget to include the dependencies of your custom classes (if any) as wel. This is the same location where the activiti-engine jar is located. You can find this folder inside your distro at ${activiti.home}/apps/apache-tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/activiti-rest/lib/

Is there another solution?

Best regards

Outcomes