AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question about History Level

Question asked by brianrook on Sep 30, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2012 by jrussell
We just upgraded from 5.2 to 5.6 and we're using DB2 as our RDBMS platform.  We are currently creating the database and seed data manually from the scripts because the 'automatic' DB upgrade tool doesn't work.  However, we ran into an issue last night that I am curious about.  My development and testing went fine with no hitches, but when I deployed to the build and test environment I got an error.  Activiti was looking for a property in ACT_GE_PROPERTY called historyLevel which wasn't present in the database and was not in any of the seed data from the scripts.  I 'fixed the glitch' by adding this property in manually and setting the value to 2, which I think corresponds to the default value of 'audit' of the history property that can be set on the process engine.

1)  If historyLevel is required in the ACT_GE_PROPERTY table, why isn't it set in the seed data?
2)  What is the relationship of the value in the table and the value in the configuration file?  Why are both needed and why do they have to agree?

Thanks,

Outcomes