AnsweredAssumed Answered

Build problem with 5.8

Question asked by msandoz on Nov 28, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2011 by trademak
I checked out the 5.8 tag of the designer, and tried to build it and got lots of errors.

first i tried to build activiti-5.8. that worked just fine.

next i tried to build designer, but received this:

[INFO] Compiling 11 source files to C:\workspaces\activiti-build\activiti-designer-5.8\org.activiti.designer.util\target\classes
———-
1. ERROR in C:\workspaces\activiti-build\activiti-designer-5.8\org.activiti.designer.util\src\main\java\org\activiti\designer\util\workspace\ActivitiWorkspaceUtil.java (at line 8)
        import org.eclipse.bpmn2.Process;
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The import org.eclipse.bpmn2.Process cannot be resolved
———-
2. ERROR in C:\workspaces\activiti-build\activiti-designer-5.8\org.activiti.designer.util\src\main\java\org\activiti\designer\util\workspace\ActivitiWorkspaceUtil.java (at line 76)
        result.add(process.getId());
                           ^^^^^
The method getId() is undefined for the type Process

i can provide more if needed but these seem like fairly basic errors so i assume i need to change some settings. Is there a wiki page somewhere that details the build?

i am using jdk 1.6 u27 and maven 3.0.3. i have also been trying to check out the code and get eclipse up and running.

the reason i'd like to do this is because of http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ACT-1007 which i just entered.

i wanted to submit a very minor patch that would autopopulate some fields. of course i have to build it first.

Outcomes