AnsweredAssumed Answered

External Form Rendering (What is the alternative in 5.8?)

Question asked by swapnonil on Dec 6, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2012 by nandoztx
Hi,

I just want to display the value of some process variables on a from that appears within a User Task. I am using Activiti 5.8 with the bundled Activiti Explorer.

I tried putting a vote.form in my bar archive and referenced it in my user task like this
<userTask id="voteTask" name="Vote to Promote" activiti:dueDate="${completionDate}" activiti:assignee="${assignee}" activiti:formKey="vote.form">
However, I was unable to display the contents of the form in the "Activiti Explorer".
The form itself is very simple
<h1>Please vote to Promote this Build</h1>
<p>
<h2>Build Details</h2>
<table>
   <tr>
      <td>Build Number: </td>
      <td>${buildNumber}</td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td>Repository Location: </td>
      <td>${codeBase}</td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td>Integration Server URL: </td>
      <td>${integrationServerUrl}</td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td>Trial Username/Password: </td>
      <td>admin/admin</td>
   </tr>   
</table>
</p>
<p>
  Do you approve this?
  <select name="promoteBuild">
    <option value="yes">Yes</option>
    <option value="no">No</option>
   </select>  
</p>

The truth I learned is that; this kind of form rendering inside the "Activiti Explorer" is no longer supported.
http://forums.activiti.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2288&start=0&hilit=External+Form+Rendering

So what is the alternative? I just want to print the value of some process variables inside a form. The section within the <table> open, close tags is all that I want to print along with the input fields. In other words I need to place some read only labels with their values evaluated at runtime.

I have read the documentation, with regards to external form rendering. I have actually ended up more confused than ever after reading it.

I have also seen people printing out values of process variables within the <documentation> tag. However the documentation tag solution won't work for me because I also need to include some rudimentary formatting.

With Regards
Swapnonil Mukherjee

Outcomes