AnsweredAssumed Answered

Spring DB Transactions Not Rolled Back (ACT-1050)

Question asked by tidetom on Jan 31, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 by heymjo
Hi all,

I just thought I'd see if there was any thought or traction on the below item created by JIRA member Vlastimil earlier this year:

http://codehaus01-new.managed.contegix.com/browse/ACT-1050

This issue is particularly troubling for Spring users, because default transaction management would dictate that the transactions made within a session be rolled back automatically when the exception gets propagated out of a flow.  As it is right now, since the exception gets caught by the AtomicOperationProcessEnd class and simply logged, so the default transaction manager will never have the opportunity to roll back the flow.

As it is now, the workaround is pretty complex, requiring explicit transaction commit and rollback in the Spring bean which invokes the flow (back to the old days … yuck!)

Is there a specific reason why the exceptions thrown out of a ServiceTask are caught and then logged rather than thrown up the stack?

I noticed that the item is marked as "Critical" (agreed!), but is not assigned to any release.  Given that there's a workaround posted, would it be possible to accelerate this into the 5.9 release?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Outcomes