AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to listen on boundary event firing / activity cancelled

Question asked by rgielen on Mar 30, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2012 by rgielen
Hi,

we have a requirement to use boundary timer events for some user tasks along with notifying an outside system in case a user task gets cancelled by the boundary event.

First I was thinking that a COMPLETE event listener on the user task might do the trick, although I would have been worried about the semantics then. As expected, COMPLETE does not get fired. On the other hand, there seems to be nothing like an CANCEL event to listen on.

I looked further and came across BoundaryEventActivityBehavior, which, if listener attachments were supported, would solve my problem as well. But afaics, no such support is available at least in Activiti 5.9.

Am I missing something out? Is there a way I haven't found yet to accomplish my requirement?

On the other hand, wouldn't support for a TaskListener.CANCEL event semantic be a useful framework addition, as well as well for support some boundary events listener infrastructure? If there is such interest, I might be able to work on a patch to provide such functionality.

TIA,
- René

Outcomes