AnsweredAssumed Answered

Activiti 5.9 with Spring 1.2.9 possible?

Question asked by cookie-exploit on Jul 31, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 by cookie-exploit
Hello Guys,

is it possible to use Activiti with Spring 1.2.9? If it is not possible, which is the lowest spring version i need?
If I use Spring 1.2.9 I've a problem with the SpringProcessEngineConfiguration and the dataSource property.

applicationContext.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">

<beans>

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
      <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
      <property name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/activiti" />
      <property name="username" value="root" />
      <property name="password" value="root" />
   </bean>

<bean id="processEngineConfiguration" class="org.activiti.spring.SpringProcessEngineConfiguration">
      <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
      <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager" />
      <property name="databaseSchemaUpdate" value="true" />
      <property name="jobExecutorActivate" value="false" />
      <property name="deploymentResources" value="classpath:*/tutorial/diagram/SingleApprover.bpmn20.xml" />
   </bean>
   …
</beans>

Error Message:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'processEngineConfiguration' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid property 'dataSource' of bean class [org.activiti.spring.SpringProcessEngineConfiguration]: Bean property 'dataSource' is not writable or has an invalid setter method: Does the parameter type of the setter match the return type of the getter?

Greetz cookie-exploit

EDIT: We now use Spring 3.x, problem is solved.

Outcomes