AnsweredAssumed Answered

[5.10] Difficulty With signalEventReceived

Question asked by mrapczynski on Sep 24, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2012 by jbarrez
Hi,

I've been lurking in the forum, and developing with Activiti in the past few months - this is my first post.

I am currently working to implement a signal with a signal boundary event into my workflow, but running into a problem. I get the following exception message when I try to trigger the signal in a specific execution: Message: Execution '8' has not subscribed to a signal event with name 'signalFacultyCancel'.

I originally read this thread here: http://forums.activiti.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4015&p=15579, and made sure I am doing every by the book to the best that I can tell. I am using the signal name and not the ID, and the signalRef attribute is mapped correctly. I have also confirmed through an ExecutionQuery that my process instance is indeed listening for the specific signal I am trying to trigger. At this point, I am out of ideas. Please advise.

My desire is to have a signal boundary attached to an approval task so that the submitter can cancel the request and end the workflow if the approval task is not completed. I am using the latest Activiti 5.10

Here is my signal:

<signal id="signalFacultyCancel" name="signalFacultyCancel"></signal>

Here is the boundary event:

<boundaryEvent id="boundarySignalFacultyCancel" name="boundarySignalFacultyCancel" cancelActivity="true" attachedToRef="divisionApproveTask">
      <signalEventDefinition signalRef="signalFacultyCancel"></signalEventDefinition>
    </boundaryEvent>

Here is the calling code through the RuntimeService (using Groovy):

def executionInfo = runtimeService.createProcessInstanceQuery().processInstanceId(bpmProcessId).singleResult()
            runtimeService.signalEventReceived("signalFacultyCancel", executionInfo.id)

Exception stack trace:

| Error 2012-09-24 11:36:37,853 [http-bio-8080-exec-17] ERROR facleave.BpmWorkflowService  - Sending request cancellation signal failed
Message: Execution '8' has not subscribed to a signal event with name 'signalFacultyCancel'.
   Line | Method
->>  52 | execute              in org.activiti.engine.impl.cmd.SignalEventReceivedCmd
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|    29 | execute              in     ''
|    24 | execute . . . . . .  in org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandExecutorImpl
|    42 | execute              in org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor
|    40 | execute . . . . . .  in org.activiti.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor
|    33 | execute              in org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor
|   189 | signalEventReceived  in org.activiti.engine.impl.RuntimeServiceImpl
|    74 | facultyCancelRequest in edu.fhda.facleave.BpmWorkflowService$$ENjxa3Vg
|    43 | facultyCancelRequest in edu.fhda.facleave.ProcessManagerController
|   886 | runTask              in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
|   908 | run . . . . . . . .  in     ''
^   680 | run                  in java.lang.Thread

Thank you!

-Matt

Outcomes