AnsweredAssumed Answered

process variable vs. condition expression

Question asked by larsson7 on Oct 11, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 by iam
Hello all,

ich have a question about sequence flows and process variables. I have a process with a script task just after the start event. In the script task i define the process variable outputTransition that can get the value "approved" or "denied". After the script task, an exclusive gateway splits the process. And now i want to discribe the two sequence flows out of the gateway. If the process variable is "approved" it the process should go right if it is "denied" left.

But i get the following error:

Packages.com.liferay.portal.kernel.workflow.WorkflowStatusManagerUtil.updateStatus(Packages.com.liferay.portal.kernel.workflow.WorkflowConstants.toStatus(outputTransition), workflowContext);
06:58:38,253 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-3][render_portlet_jsp:154] org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: Unknown property used in expression
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.el.JuelExpression.getValue(JuelExpression.java:55)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.el.UelExpressionCondition.evaluate(UelExpressionCondition.java:37)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.ExclusiveGatewayActivityBehavior.leave(ExclusiveGatewayActivityBehavior.java:63)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.FlowNodeActivityBehavior.execute(FlowNodeActivityBehavior.java:36)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.pvm.runtime.AtomicOperationActivityExecute.execute(AtomicOperationActivityExecute.java:44)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContext.performOperation(CommandContext.java:80)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.ExecutionEntity.performOperationSync(ExecutionEntity.java:546)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.ExecutionEntity.performOperation(ExecutionEntity.java:541)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.pvm.runtime.AtomicOperationTransitionNotifyListenerStart.eventNotificationsCompleted(AtomicOperationTransitionNotifyListenerStart.java:52)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.pvm.runtime.AbstractEventAtomicOperation.execute(AbstractEventAtomicOperation.java:56)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContext.performOperation(CommandContext.java:80)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.ExecutionEntity.performOperationSync(ExecutionEntity.java:546)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.ExecutionEntity.performOperation(ExecutionEntity.java:541)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.pvm.runtime.AbstractEventAtomicOperation.execute(AbstractEventAtomicOperation.java:49)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.pvm.runtime.AtomicOperationTransitionCreateScope.execute(AtomicOperationTransitionCreateScope.java:49)
Caused by: org.activiti.engine.impl.javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Cannot resolve identifier 'outputTransition'

Can i use process variables in a flow expression and how? Can i declare a property in a script task so i can use it in a flow expression?

Can someone please help?!

Thanks all :-)

Best regards, Philipp

Outcomes