AnsweredAssumed Answered

Paranormal Activiti: Signal Intermediate Events Problem

Question asked by se040 on Nov 11, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 by se040
Hi,

i've been trying to use Signal Intermediate Events in a process but it doesn't work.

Its a simple process, where 2 paths are executed paralell and the one path has a catch followed by a script task (simple syso) and the other one a script task followed by a throw signal intermediate event. So basically i expect this to work fine but for some reason only the throw part finishes (into a paralell join) and the other path is waiting. After testing for some time (also tried throwing signal event replacement by using a ServiceTask to throw) i noticed that at the time of the throw there was no execution listening for that event. I suppose both parts for that matter are not executed in paralell on the engine, because when i used a JUnit Test in which i started this process first, afterwards searched for executions listening to "Test" I found one and was able to throw the signal manually. How can i make that work without crazy workarounds? Is there a way to make the execution parts really paralell or is it just me screwing up :) ?

I appreciate any help on this! Thanks in advance.

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img685/4240/simpleprocess.png[/img]

<signal id="test" name="Test"></signal>
      …..
    <intermediateCatchEvent id="catchTest" name="SignalCatchEvent">
      <signalEventDefinition signalRef="test"></signalEventDefinition>
    </intermediateCatchEvent>
      …..
    <intermediateThrowEvent id="throwTestSignal" name="throwTest">
      <signalEventDefinition signalRef="test"></signalEventDefinition>
    </intermediateThrowEvent>

Best regards,
Stefan

(I'm sorry for the title but i couldn't resist that pun ;) )

Outcomes